Among the many treasures this island has to offer, Namuang Waterfalls stand out as a must-visit destination for nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers. With their captivating beauty and serene surroundings, the Waterfalls provide a rejuvenating escape from the bustling beaches and vibrant nightlife of Koh Samui.
Located on the southern side of Koh Samui, the Namuang Waterfalls consist of two stunning cascades that thunders down into a crystal-clear pool below. The first cascade, known as Namuang 1, is easily accessible with just a few steps down from the parking area. It measures approximately 80 meters in height and provides an awe-inspiring view for visitors to take
The second cascade, known as Nauang 2, is located farther down the path and requires a bit of an adventurous journey to reach. Visitors will have to hike through dense jungle vegetation and navigate slippery rocks for around 45 minutes until they reach the second cascade.
Discovering the Beauty of Samui’s Namuang Waterfalls
With its stunning scenery and tranquil atmosphere, it’s no wonder so many visitors come to experience this natural wonder. Whether you’re looking for an easy stroll to Namuang 1 or an adventurous journey to Nauang 2, you will surely be captivated by the beauty of these majestic waterfalls. You can find directions to the Namuang Waterfalls here.
Namuang Waterfall 1, the larger of the two falls, is an awe-inspiring sight to behold. As you approach the waterfall, you’ll be captivated by the rhythmic sound of rushing water and the refreshing mist in the air. The main cascade drops from an impressive height, creating a mesmerizing display of power and natural beauty.
Take a dip in the clear, turquoise pool at the base of the waterfall, surrounded by lush greenery, and let the cascading water massage away your stress. It’s a perfect spot to cool off and connect with nature.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Sweeping views of the valley and lush green surroundings make this waterfall a treat for the visitors’ eyes.
- Dip into the refreshing “swimming pool” which is the lower pond of the waterfall.
- Enjoy the picturesque views and click mesmerizing pictures once you are here.
For those seeking a more secluded and intimate experience, Namuang Waterfall 2 is a hidden gem waiting to be discovered. Located a short hike away from the first waterfall, this oasis offers a tranquil escape from the crowds.
As you make your way through the verdant jungle, the sound of the cascading water grows louder, building anticipation for the breathtaking sight that awaits you. Namuang Waterfall 2 is known for its picturesque setting, with multiple tiers of cascades and natural pools. Take a leisurely swim in the crystal-clear water, sunbathe on the rocks, or simply soak in the peaceful atmosphere.
Here are some key features:
- This waterfall features a natural infinity pool, which is located above the waterfall.
- The hiking trail is quite steep, so make sure you are geared up for an adventure.
- Take a refreshing swim in the cold waters of the natural infinity pool and enjoy the scenic surroundings.
Beyond the Namuang Waterfalls
Beyond the waterfalls themselves, Namuang is a gateway to the untouched beauty of Koh Samui’s interior. Embark on a thrilling trek through the lush jungle, accompanied by experienced local guides who can share their knowledge of the region’s flora and fauna.
As you hike through the verdant trails, you’ll encounter hidden waterfalls, exotic wildlife, and panoramic vistas that will leave you in awe. The trekking options cater to all fitness levels, ensuring that everyone can experience the wonders of Koh Samui’s interior.
Sea View Restaurant – Restaurant with an Infinity Pool
After a day of exploring the waterfalls, head over to Sea View Restaurant to enjoy a delicious meal. Set atop the hills, Sea View Restaurant offers amazing views of the ocean and the nearby mountains. You can dine on some delectable Thai food and enjoy the relaxing environment.
However, if you wish to swim in the infinity pool, you will need to pay an extra 100 baht.
The Enchanting Magic Garden
After visiting the waterfalls, head over to Koh Samui’s “Magic Garden,” where numerous stone sculptures, temples, and waterfalls await you. Here are some highlights of this enchanting place:
- The Creation sculpture in the garden is one of the most famous sculptures where Lord Buddha is seated in the center with a serpent, angels, and other mythical creatures wrapped around him.
- The Magic Garden’s beauty increases tenfold as you climb the winding stairs up the mountain to a height of 500 meters from the sea level.
- Words will fall short in describing the beauty of this place, and you have to visit it to experience its enchanting aura.
Lamai Beach – The Perfect Retreat
End your day chilling at Lamai Beach, one of Koh Samui’s most popular beaches. Located in the east, Lamai beach is known for its crystal-clear water and a long stretch of white sand. Here’s why you should visit:
- Enjoy the sun, sand, and crystal-clear seawater.
- A range of activities are available such as paddleboarding, swimming, snorkeling, and kayaking, among other water sports.
- Witness the beautiful sunset and unwind.
- Visit Samui Rock Bar for cocktails and the perfect sunset
Wrapping it up
Namuang Waterfalls 1&2, Koh Samui, offer breathtaking views, hiking and swimming adventures, and a refreshing break from the sweltering heat. When visit the waterfalls be mindful of your safety and consider taking a tour if you beginner hiker. Trekking through the jungle can be a challenge for beginners with some areas being consider as dangerous.
How long does it take to hike to Namuang Waterfall 2?
It takes around 45 minutes to hike to second Waterfall from the first one.
Is Namuang Waterfall 1 suitable for children?
Yes, Namuang Waterfall 1 is family-friendly and suitable for children.
How much does it cost to swim in the infinity pool at Sea View Restaurant?
An additional 100 baht is charged for swimming in the infinity pool at Sea View Restaurant.